GVEA's Ready for Forecasted Winter Storm
March 19, 2020 - Fairbanks, AK
GVEA is monitoring the winter weather advisory that is in effect through midnight Friday, March 20, which reads:
Snow and blowing snow is expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches, with localized amounts up to 7 inches are expected in some areas. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph will cause areas of blowing and drifting snow. Winds may cause power outages as trees may fall on power lines.
To report an outage, members are asked to call GVEA and follow the phone system prompts. The number is (907) 452-1151 (or 1-800-770-4832).
GVEA remains staffed and committed to providing members with quality electric service. We also recommend that members take steps to be prepared in the event of a power outage. Check out GVEA’s outage page by clicking here. GVEA also recommends unplugging any sensitive electronic equipment that’s not in use until after this weather event has passed.
GVEA Suspends Disconnects for Non-Payment and Late Payment Fees
March 18, 2020 - Fairbanks, AK
Recognizing the significant impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on our community, effective March 19, 2020, GVEA is temporarily suspending:
- Service disconnects for non-payment; and
- Assessment of late payment fees.
Members should continue to make payments on time, as able, since monthly bills will continue to be sent out.
GVEA urges residential members who are having difficulty making payments, due to financial hardships caused by COVID-19, to stay in contact with our Member Services department at (907) 452-1151.
As a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and as a precautionary measure for the safety of our employees, our members and the communities we serve, GVEA’s lobbies were temporarily closed to the public at 5pm today, Wednesday, March 18, until further notice.
Members will still be able to conduct business with GVEA through a variety of methods:
- Contact our Member Services Department at (907) 452-1151 or (800) 770-4832.
- Utilize one of our payment drop boxes located at the Fairbanks, Delta and Nenana offices.
- Payment kiosks are available at the Fairbanks and Delta Junction offices.
- If you need to pay a bill, utilize the online My Account member portal.
- For a complete list of bill-paying options, visit gvea.com/rates/payments.
At GVEA, safety is our #1 priority. As we work every day to provide reliable, affordable power, we have the health and safety of our employees and members at the forefront of all we do. GVEA will continue to post updates as needed via our:
- Blog (http://blog.gvea.com/wordpress/)
- Webpage (http://www.gvea.com/news)
- Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/GoldenValleyElectric)
For updated information on the Coronavirus, go to www.cdc.gov.