New Construction

Planning to build? 

GVEA has developed this video to explain the steps needed to connect power to your location.

Click to the right to start the video.


Install, Upgrade or Relocate a Service
The following forms are for installing new services (you need new lines and poles), upgrading an existing service or relocating a service. Be sure to notify GVEA when installing a large load, like a heat pump or whole-house on-demand hot water heater, so we can ensure sufficient electric capacity is installed. 

NOTE:  If you are moving in or out of a house or business, you’ve come to the wrong page.

Click here to be redirected.


Required Forms
An application and meeting with one of our field representatives is required to begin the new service connection process. Contact our New Construction department at 907-458-5870 to get started. Plan your power needs using the following items: