The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met earlier in November and reviewed five applications. Five grants totaling $15,470 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Tanana Valley: $1,200 to be applied towards 12 months of supplies for the healthy cooking component of the 2015/16 Teen Program Development.
- Fairbanks Council of PTAs: $3,000 towards the purchase of supplies for the Interior Alaska Science Fair.
- Friends of Creamer’s Field: $1,750 towards the purchase of a replacement tent for the Camp Habitat program.
- Green Star of Interior Alaska: $4,520 towards the implementation of a hazardous waste program in Fairbanks that will accept smoke detectors and florescent light bulbs.
- Yukon Quest International: $5,000 towards lighting and electrical upgrades at their Fairbanks Headquarters.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations and individuals in need within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is January 31, 2016. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $522,305 to various local nonprofits and individuals in need.
Thank you to all the members who voluntarily “roundup” their monthly invoice to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within our communities.