MAC meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Due to the significant increase in COVID cases throughout the state and in our local communities, GVEA has implemented additional COVID protocols in an effort to protect members and employees and ensure our ability to meet our responsibilities to our members.
Effective immediately, vaccinated individuals may attend meetings in-person and must wear masks at all times, except when speaking. Unvaccinated individuals will be required to attend meetings virtually via Microsoft Teams or by phone.
This requirement is consistent with current COVID protocols established by the Board of Directors for Board Meetings. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 13, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. – Regular meeting will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
- Click here to join the meeting OR call 1 (833) 851-7240 (toll free) and enter access Code: 269 304 266#
Current MAC Members:
|District 1:||Matthew Mund||Carol Lee Gho||Anita Hartmann||Mike Bradley||Marcus Chappel||Kay Hoch|
|District 2:||Carol Colp||Heidi Titchenal||Richard Theilmann||Herbert Butler||Jamie Hansen|
|District 3:||Alyssa Norris||Alison Carter||Korene Long||John Alden|
|District 4:||John Rathbun||Angela Ritchie||Harmony Tomaszewski||Joshua Church|
|District 5:||Enlow Walker||Russell Johnston||Karen Lipari||Eric Lanser|
|District 6:||Bobbie Ortiz||Audrey Brown|
|District 7:||Terry Hinman||John Kelleher||Katherine Hennigan|
2021 Meeting Dates
- January 13 – Agenda | Minutes
- February 10 – Agenda | Minutes
- March 10 – Agenda | Minutes
- April 14 – Agenda | Minutes
- May 6 – Assist with the Annual Meeting
- June 10 – Assist with the Ballot Count
- July – Assist with the Ballot Count
- August 4 – GVEA Facility Tour
- September 8 – Agenda | Minutes
- October 13 – Agenda
- November 10
- December 8
Get Involved! Join the Member Advisory Committee!
By serving on the Member Advisory Committee, you’ll learn:
- Why electricity is so expensive in Interior Alaska.
- Where our power comes from.
- What “cooperative” means.
- What goes into coordinating GVEA’s Annual Members’ Meeting.
If these topics interest you, then you should consider joining GVEA’s Member Advisory Committee (MAC). Serving on the MAC is a great way to get involved, find out more about your co-op and provide valuable feedback.
Here’s a brief video, with testimonials from MAC members: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT-lhJLPdmU
The MAC is made up of three members from each of GVEA’s seven geographic districts, and they:
- Serve three-year terms (beginning in September)
- Meet monthly (typically on the second Wednesday of each month), with each meeting lasting about 90 minutes
- Receive $60 per meeting, plus standard mileage rates for roundtrip travel
MAC members are also asked to serve on various committees (e.g. district nominating, annual meeting, bylaw review and election).
All GVEA members (except employees) are eligible to serve.
Note: Applications will be available and accepted from May through July each year.
***2021 Application Period ended Monday, August 2***