2021 Board Elections:
Districts 4 and 7 are next up for election!
Activities tied to the 2021 GVEA board elections are already gearing up. GVEA is preparing for the formation of Nominating Committees for Districts 4 and 7. In fact, members in Districts 4 and 7 will receive a Nominating Committee application with their October billing statement (one of two bill inserts scheduled for distribution that month, with the second one being distributed to all members). Alternatively, you can complete the form online.
For those interested in completing an online Nominating Committee Application, click here to access the form. Once you complete the form, you'll need to save the form somewhere on your computer, then attach that saved application to an email that should be sent to email@example.com.
The deadline to submit a Nominating Committee application will be Friday, November 13, 2020.
Serving on a Nominating Committee is a great way to get involved with your Co-op. It's a relatively brief - yet vitally important - assignment, with the committees meeting several times between December 2020 and February 2021 as they seek to secure a minimum of two members to be reflected on the ballot for their district's board election. Members serving on a Nominating Committee will be compensated $60 per meeting attended, plus standard mileage rates for travel.
Instructions & Director Application Materials:
Note: 2021 election materials for Districts 4 and 7 will be made available in December 2020.
- Instructions for Board of Director Application
- Duties and Responsibilities of a GVEA Director
- Board of Director Application (interactive form)
- Policy 2.7 - Qualifications of Directors
- Policy 2.1.1 - Board Conflict of Interest
- Application Checklists:
- Applicant Nominated Via the Nominating Committee
- Applicant Nominated Via the Petition Process
- Prior to begining the petition process, the petitioner must contact GVEA staff to verify petitioner has a GVEA membership in their name for the district in which they are petitioning. Staff will provide a Petition Signature Form, which as been approved by the Association's attorney.
The Election Process
The Board of Director Nomination & Election Process Handbook is downloadable. It contains information on the qualifications for directors, as well as the processes of being nominated, running by petition and campaigning.
Nominating Committee Handbook Note: the Nominating Committee Handbook will be updated with appropriate dates in the fall of 2020 for the elections that will take place in Districts 4 and 7. Please keep that in mind if using the Handbook as a reference tool prior to it being updated.