The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met on November 17, 2021. Six applications were reviewed and five grants totaling $20,575 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Fairbanks Children’s Museum: $3,000 to fund the purchase of a Marvelous Marble Wall that will be installed in FCM’s Calming Room in 2022 as well as funds to upgrade their existing magnetic wall exhibits. The Fairbanks Children’s Museum is an invaluable resource for children, parents and caregivers in Fairbanks and we are proud to support their mission to connect and inspire through discovery and the power of play.
- Fairbanks Rescue Mission: $1,275 to fund the purchase of a Philips HeartStart Onsite AED for their emergency shelter. The Fairbanks Rescue Mission often encounters individuals with complex medical needs and having this AED onsite at their facility could save lives.
- Healy Hockey Association: $7,916 towards the purchase of a new scoreboard to replace a 14 year old scoreboard that was no longer operating reliably. Healy Hockey Association has a mission to provide the youth and adults of the Denali Borough an opportunity to learn and play hockey in a safe, fun and nurturing environment.
- Pioneer Air Museum: $504 to fund the purchase of three temperature and relative humidity data loggers to track indoor environmental conditions and the necessary computer software to download, review and analyze the data these loggers collects. These purchases will protect PAM’s museum collection. Pioneer Air Museum currently houses and cares for approximately 4,500 historic objects including 14 aircraft, more than 20 aircraft engines, an early flight simulator, model airplanes, local airline memorabilia, historic photographs and more.
- University of Alaska Museum of the North: $7,880 to update their digital media infrastructure in order to give the public better access to museum processes and to improve virtual public access to museum galleries, events and exhibits.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is April 30, 2022. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $1,330,642.29.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.