Right-of-Way Maintenance Safety
Brush and tree clearing operations are dangerous. Here are some tips to stay safe when you come across ROW reclearing crews:
- Stay away from clearing machines.
- The machines are known to throw debris, which can cause serious injury and property damage.
- Do not stop to watch the equipment.
- Slow down and follow warning signs.
- Signs may read "Brush Cutting Ahead" or "Tree Work Ahead."
- Do not enter work area of bucket trucks or aerial tree workers.
- Risk from falling branches can cause serious injury.
- Trees conduct electricity.
- Do not touch trees that are in contact with power lines.
- Stay away from downed power lines.
- Cutting trees is dangerous.
- Every month, people are killed or suffer serioius injury attempting to cut and prune trees; consider hiring a trained expert.