- Member's name, phone number and service location
- Time the power went out
- Any unusual circumstances, such as broken wires, trees in the line, flashes of light or loud bangs
If the power returns for a short time and then goes out again, please call us again. We may think the problem has been solved.
Looking for information about major outages? Visit www.gvea.com/outages.
- Check your fuses or circuit breakers and reset your main breaker located at the meter. Keep extra fuses on hand.
- Check with your neighbors to see if they have electricity.
- Call GVEA at 452-GVEA to report an isolated outage.
- Turn on your porch light. This way our crews will know when power has been restored.
- Turn off and unplug sensitive equipment such as computers and video cassette recorders. Equipment with motors, such as refrigerators and furnaces, should also be turned off. Once the power has been restored and has stabilized, you may safely turn on your equipment. Remember, it's your responsibility to protect your sensitive equipment by installing surge protectors and uninterruptible power sources where required. Contact our energy efficiency specialist at 451-5607.