Home$ense, GVEA's energy efficiency program, is offered to all residential members. A trained energy-efficiency specialist will visit your home, perform an energy usage assessment and explain ways you can reduce electrical usage and lower energy costs.
Sign up for a Home$ense audit today
Call our member services department at 907-458-4555 or email
. If sending an email, be sure to provide your name, a good contact phone number and the best time to call. A representative will contact you to schedule the audit.
During a Home$ense audit, participants receive:
- Education materials and best practices in energy efficiency and use
- CFLs and/or LEDs to replace highly-used incandescent bulbs (limited to fixtures currently in use)
- An adjustable weather-proof vehicle plug-in timer, if applicable
The Home$ense audit is available two ways:
- A stand-alone Home$ense audit takes about an hour and costs $19.95.
- Some of the Home$ense products are provided free with the Low-Income Weatherization Assistance Program. To see if you qualify, call the local weatherization provider at 452-5323 or (800) 478-5323 for more information.