Save money and energy with GVEA's energy audit and rebate programs.
Home$ense, GVEA's electrical energy efficiency program, is offered to all residential members. A trained energy efficiency specialist will visit your home, perform an energy usage assessment and explain ways you can reduce electrical usage and lower energy costs.
Sign up for a Home$ense audit today.
Call our member services department at (907) 458-4555 or email
. If sending an email, be sure to provide your name, a good contact phone number and the best time to call. A representative will contact you to schedule the audit.
During a Home$ense audit, participants receive:
- Education materials and best practices in energy efficiency and use
- CFLs and/or LEDs to replace highly-used incandescent bulbs, limited to fixtures currently in use
- An adjustable weather-proof vehicle plug-in timer, if applicable
In addition, if the house has a 220-volt hard-wired electric water heater, participants may also receive:
- An electric water heater insulating blanket
- Up to 10 lineal feet of pipe wrap
- Two faucet aerators
- One low-flow shower head
The Home$ense audit is provided two ways:
- A stand-alone Home$ense audit takes about an hour and costs $19.95.
- Some of the Home$ense products are provided free with the Low-Income Weatherization Assistance Program. To see if you qualify, call the local weatherization provider at 452-5323 or (800) 478-5323 for more information.
NOTICE: GVEA’s Builder$ense program was suspended June 28, 2013. Funding was depleted by that time due to its success. This program is being evaluated and future funding levels will be determined by the end of the first quarter of 2014. Feel free to call us or check back to this website for more information.
Who & What is eligible?
- New construction, major additions or remodels
How to participate
It’s easy; no application is necessary. Call GVEA at 452-1151, ask for the Builder$ense program. Our energy efficiency specialist will schedule an appointment to inspect your residence, complete the paperwork and process your rebate. Customers will be served on a first-come, first-served basis as funding is available.
Does participation in Builder$ense affect participation in other Energy$ense programs?
Builder$ense applicants may participate in Home$ense but in no case will GVEA pay incentives for a single installation more than one time.
To be eligible for a rebate, electrical equipment must be U.L. listed and all electrical and plumbing installations should conform with all applicable building codes. There is no limit to the number of eligible measures installed.
Business$ense provides rebates to non-residential members who reduce their lighting loads through energy efficient lighting retrofit projects.
NOTICE: GVEA's Business$ense program was suspended effective June 1, 2013. Funding was depleted by that time due to its success. This program is being evaluated and future funding levels will be determined by the end of the first quarter of 2014. Feel free to call us, 458-5870, or check back to this website for more information.