GVEA offers standard billing for all members. Under standard billing procedures, an account is billed based on the prior month’s usage.
In addition, GVEA offers the following billing options for residential members. These plans help members take control of their monthly electric bills, taking away the surprise factor.
For your convenience, GVEA offers several ways to pay your bill ... three of which are accessible 24/7.
1) My Account
Through GVEA's Member Portal, "My Account" is where you can pay your electric bill online 24 hours a day. Payments made prior to 11:30am (AKST) on days GVEA is open for business will be posted to your account that afternoon. Payments made after 11:30am (AKST) will be posted to your account the next business day.
- View and/or print your electric bill online
- Schedule recurring payments
- View your usage history online
- View your payment history online
- Find prior-year tax totals online
Recent enhancements to the My Account platform now allows you to make a one-time payment from your checking, savings, VISA, MasterCard, Discover or debit card.
Note: The Member Portal (aka My Account) is available from GVEA's home page. Click on the yellow 'My Account' button in the upper right-hand page of the GVEA home screen. Simply sign in using your existing user ID and password. If you don't have an existing user ID/password, click on the "Create New Account" link.
2) Mobile App
We're excited to offer yet another way to provide our members with all the information they want, when they want it.
With GVEA's Mobile App, you can:
- View and pay your bill
- View your usage history in dollars or kilowatt-hours
- Make a one-time payment
- View current electric rates
- Access GVEA's bill calclator
- Send/receive emails to/from GVEA
Note: Both your account number and meter number are needed to create a log-in account. You can find these listed on your bill. Or call the Member Services Dept. at 452-1151 (Option 2) or toll-free at 1-800-770-4832, and we'll be happy to provide tthat information.
NOTE: The GV E-Bill and the mobile app are two separate systems; therefore, they are not linked. If you are a GV E-Bill user, a separate login is required for the mobile app. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have questions or need some help downloading the new app, call our Member Services Dept. at 452-1151 (Option 2) or toll-free at 1-800-770-4832. We'll walk you through the steps.
If you would like to view a tutorial video clip on the Mobile App, just activate the video below:
3) Automated Phone System
You have access 24/7 through GVEA's Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone system. Just call our main phone number, 452-1151 (or toll-free at 1-800-770-4832) and follow the prompts to:
- Make a payment on your account
- Check your account balance
Note: Your account number is needed to process the IVR actions you intend to initiate. Your account number appears on your monthly billing statement.
*** You can also use the IVR phone system to:
* Update the phone number(s) associated with your electric account, or
* Report a power outage.
4) Other Auto Pay Options
GVEA makes it easy to pay with Auto Pay.
- You will still receive a monthly statement.
- You'll never have to write or mail another check or miss another payment while out of town.
- Your payment will be automatically drafted 11 to 14 days following the billing date.
Choose from two options:
- Automatic payment from your credit card or debit card. Download an application today.
- GVEA will send you a courtesy letter when your expiration date is nearing.
- Automatic payment from your checking or savings account. Download an application today.
5) Bill Payment Kiosk
Now three (soon four) locations to choose from!
a) Located in the entryway of our Fairbanks lobby
Accessible 6am - 9pm / 7 days a week
b) Located next to the front door of the Delta Junction office
Accessible 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
c) Located inside the Coghill's General Store in Nenana NEW!
Accessible 9am - 6pm / Monday through Saturday; closed Sunday
d) Located inside the Three Bears Alaska store in Healy NEW!
Accessible 7am - 10pm / Monday through Saturday; 8am - 10pm / Sunday
Our Payment Kiosks will accept:
- Cash, check and credit cards.
- Note: Change will be not be provided if paying with cash; any overpayment will be reflected on your account as a credit.
- To begin a transaction, you will need your account number, which appears on your monthly billing statement.
- The screens and the narrative will walk you through each step.
6) Drop Boxes
- Drop boxes are available on our Member Service buildings in Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Nenana.
- Drop-box payments will be collected and processed at 4pm each business day.
- All payments, including delinquent payments, made after 4pm may not be processed until the next business day.
- DO NOT DEPOSIT CASH.
- Note: Delinquent account payments deposited after 4pm will not prevent shut-off notices already scheduled for delivery.
7) Postage-paid Envelope
For your convenience, Golden Valley provides a postage-paid envelope with each billing statement that's mailed.
8) In Person
Our lobbies are open from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday (except holidays). Our Member Services Representatives are happy to assist with processing your payment.
If you need to contact GVEA ...
You're welcome to contact GVEA using our Contact Form. Be sure to complete all fields before submitting it. Your message will be forwarded to the appropriate area within the company for a response. Unless there are unforeseen circumstances, you should expect to receive a reply (or phone call) the next business day.
Note: The "Contact Form" is intended for general inquiries only - NOT FOR REPORTING A POWER OUTAGE or for daily business transactions. Messages received via the "Contact Form" are monitored during normal business hours only, which is typically 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. If you need immediate assistance regarding your account, please contact GVEA's Member Services Dept. at 452-1151 (Option 2) or 1-800-770-4832, during normal business hours.
Deposits and Fees
We recognize most of our customers pay their bills on time; therefore, we do not require an account deposit if the following criteria are met:
- A letter from the utilitiy which last provided comparable service, stating the member had a good payment history
- Returning members who have established a good payment history with the Association.
- The member does not have an impaired credit rating.
- Note: For those members who have not had service with GVEA previously or within the last two years, the Association will request the member's permission to run a soft credit check.
If you do not meet this criteria, an account deposit will be required. The amount of the required deposit will be determined by your credit score and the service location. However, the maximum deposit will not exceed twice the average monthly bill at that location or two times the average bill for that class of service, whichever is applicable. Also, if your account becomes delinquent (40 days past the bill date), you may be required to post a deposit. Failure to pay a deposit when required could result in disconnection of service.
The account deposit is refundable. Your deposit, plus any accrued interest, will appear as a credit on your bill after you establish a good payment history or terminate electric service.
What is Good Payment History?
Good payment history is established after 12 continuous months of service with no more than two past due payments. One delinquency is allowed, but it may not occur during the most recent six months. The service must have been provided in the past two years. The account must also be current at the time it is reviewed for good-payment status, and any other accounts in the same name must also have a good payment history. Once you have a good payment history, your account deposit will appear as a credit on your bill with interest.
Fees are implemented to cover the costs of providing service and are not refunded to the member.