Golden Valley Electric Association, Inc. (GVEA) is committed to making efforts to protect your on-line privacy. Since we gather certain information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather, and how it is used.
INFORMATION GVEA GATHERS AND TRACKS
GVEA gathers four distinct types of information:
- Member information and data. In the case of our electronic billing presentment and payment (EBPP) system, GV E-Bill, we collect the information required to connect an individual or business with their billing information. This includes, but is not limited to: name, account number, and Social Security Number.
- Credit Card Validation. Credit card payments must be validated. This requires the use of your credit card number, expiration date, and other billing data.
- Optional User Supplied data. Non-required information such as your Mother's Maiden name or user selected email options will be retained.
- Web & Application logs. This information is used to determine browsing habits within our application and allows us to cater our web site to better suit the needs of our members. Can also be used to determine where a problem may have been encountered if you have trouble on our web site.
1. Member Information and Data
Your member information is used within the GV E-Bill system to provide you with current billing information, history, and payment options. If you choose to receive a mailed copy of your paper bill, the data required to process your bill will be supplied to Sungard®, the company responsible for printing and mailing our bills. Sungard® may not use this information for any other purpose.
2. Credit Card Validation
In order to process credit card payments, we require information such as the credit card number, expiration date, account holder's name, and billing address information. This is used to validate the card, and process payments. This information is transmitted via secure connections both to your client computer and the credit card processing company Authorize.Net®. Onscreen, your credit card number will only be displayed as leading asterix(*) followed by the last four digits. When a payment is processed you will receive an email with payment information, including the payment status of either accepted or declined. The credit card processing company may not use this information for any other purpose.
3. Optional User Supplied Data
GVEA requires that you opt-in to any non-billing related mailing list. In other words, you will only receive billing related email, unless you specifically opt-in and tell us to send you other information, as well. Such mailings may consist of, notices of Co-op meetings, elections, projects, special offers or activities for members or other Co-op related information. You can cancel this option at any time.
4. Web & Application Logs
Every time a connection is made to our web servers, the request is logged, along with date and time. This information is helpful in determining what aspects of the page get heavy use, and to a limited extent can be used to determine browsing patterns on our web site. This helps us to improve on our site, and cater it to user wishes.
Application logs can help us track individual transactions, and functionality of the GV E-Bill application.
Cookies - We will not be utilizing cookies that last longer than the session, which often are used to store personal or personalized information.
Passwords are encrypted. However, you are responsible for the use of your password, as well as your GV E-Bill account. Do NOT share your password.
Security - GVEA maintains a secure data network utilizing industry standard firewall, password, and Web/SSL systems. GVEA periodically reviews our privacy policies and network security.
Consent - By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by GVEA. If we decide to change our privacy policies, we will post these changes on this page, as well as other easily accessed web locations, so that you may be aware of what information we collect, and how we use it.
Jurisdiction - Access to GVEA web sites, use of data, and policies are governed by applicable State of Alaska statutes and codes. All causes of action related to GV E-Bill shall be adjudicated in the fourth judicial district for the State of Alaska.
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Golden Valley Electric Association's electronic bill presentment and payment Service (EBPP), also called GV E-Bill. We are glad that you are interested in joining. Please take a moment to review the Terms and Conditions presented below. This document contains the complete GV E-Bill agreement between you and Golden Valley Electric Association. It is important that you understand both the benefits and limitations of the GV E-Bill service.
1. Acceptance of terms:
- When you click on the GV E-Bill "Sign Up" button on the GV E-Bill home page, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions, you may choose not to sign up for GV E-Bill or to sign up at another time.
- If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, Golden Valley Electric can not provide the GV E-Bill service to you.
- These Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time. Upon any change in the Terms and Conditions, we will notify you by sending a notice to the most current email address you have on file with GV E-Bill. Your continued use of this service thereafter constitutes an acceptance of the changes and an agreement to be bound by said changes. If you do not agree to the changes, GVEA can not continue to provide GV E-Bill services to you.
- When you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this service, you will no longer receive a paper bill from Golden Valley Electric Association, unless you opt to continue receiving a paper bill by marking the appropriate selection during the sign up process. This option expires every 90 days and must be reselected to continue to receive a paper bill.
Golden Valley Electric currently provides an EBPP service that enables members to view their accounts and pay their bills on the Web, thus eliminating the time and expense of conventional payment.
- Service Limitations: We will try very hard to make your experience with our service a productive one. However, we cannot always foresee or anticipate technical or other difficulties. These difficulties may result in loss of data, personalization settings or other service interruptions. For this reason, you agree that Golden Valley Electric services are provided "As-Is", without warranties of any kind. By signing up for this service you agree to hold GVEA harmless for any and all damages resulting from all errors including but not limited to untimeliness of processed information, deletion, missed delivery, or failure to store any user data, communications or personalization settings.
- Service Changes and Discontinuation: Golden Valley Electric reserves the right to change or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service at any time without notice. You agree that Golden Valley Electric will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or discontinuance of the service.
- Cancellation: You may cancel your enrollment in our service at any time by sending a request for cancellation via our "Request Help" link.
Conditions for Use
For the benefit and security of our users, and to comply with applicable laws, we have a few mandatory guidelines. Any conduct that violates these usage conditions is grounds for termination of your enrollment. For this reason, we ask that you carefully read and follow them.
- Provide Accurate Information: You agree to provide, true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested in our EBPP registration form and account setup forms. You agree not to misrepresent your identity. You agree to keep your registration and account information up to date and accurate.
- Guard Your Password: You will be asked to select a password when registering. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur using your password or account. Please notify Golden Valley Electric immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. You may not use anyone else's password at any time.
- Obey the Law: You agree not to use the service for illegal purposes or for the transmission of material that is unlawful, damaging, harassing, slanderous, libelous, untrue and damaging to others, invasive of another's privacy, abusive, threatening, or obscene, or that infringes the rights of others.
- Proprietary Rights: You acknowledge that Golden Valley Electric owns and controls all rights to this Web site and the content displayed on the site. You are only permitted to use this content as expressly authorized by the service. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from this content. Further, you agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of Golden Valley Electric technology.
Rights You Grant to Golden Valley Electric
- Third Party Accounts. By using the service, you authorize Golden Valley Electric to access third party sites designated by you, on your behalf, to retrieve information requested by you and you hereby appoint Golden Valley Electric as your agent for this limited purpose only. You hereby permit Golden Valley Electric to use information submitted by you to the Service to accomplish the foregoing.