Good¢ents Grants Awarded in May 2019
The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in May. Thirteen applications were reviewed, and nine grants totaling $60,372 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Athabascan Fiddlers Association: $2,500 grant to be applied towards the purchase and installation of a backup radio transmitter.
- Delta Junction Trails Association: $5,000 grant to be applied to public trail upgrades and signage.
- Fairbanks Shakespeare Theatre: $10,000 grant to be applied towards the rebuilding of the outdoor theatre stage.
- Farthest North Girl Scout Council: $2,000 grant to be applied towards upgrades to their building’s parking lot and entrance.
- Nenana Volunteer Fire EMS Dept: $6,872 grant for the purchase of a snowbulance.
- North Star Council on Aging: $12,000 grant for bathroom upgrades, bringing them into ADA compliance.
- North Star Dance Foundation: $5,000 grant to assist with a lighting upgrade.
- Santa’s Letters: $2,000 grant to be applied towards the purchase of stationary and mailing supplies.
- Tri Valley Volunteer Fire Dept: $15,000 grant towards the purchase of an ambulance.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is July 31, 2019. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $1,011,850.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.
(Posted on GVEA's Blog on June 3, 2019.)