GVEA’s 2019 Annual Meeting Wrap-up
On the evening of May 2, 2019, GVEA hosted 493 people at their Annual Members’ Meeting. Fairbanks drew a crowd of 449 at Lathrop High School’s Hering Auditorium. This was the third year that the meeting was also video-streamed to Delta’s Community Center and Healy’s Tri-Valley Community Center; attendance at these satellite sites were 36 and 8, respectively.
Updates were provided on several big GVEA projects by President & CEO Cory Borgeson and the board of directors:
- GVEA’s 563-kilowatt solar farm
- GVEA’s new carbon reduction pledge
- Launching of GVEA new member portal – My Account
Prior to the meeting being called to order, informational booths were featured, emphasizing GVEA’s services and programs. Board of director candidates from districts 5 and 6 were also available to meet members before the ballots are mailed on May 10.
2019 scholarship winners were announced:
- $2,000 continuing education: Logan Lockwood, Daniel Manley & Kiara Simpson
- $2,500 academic: Travis Brase, Sam Delamere & Isabel Lesseig
- $15,000 academic: Sabrina White, a Raven Homeschool senior from Nenana
Congratulations to the following door prize winners:
- $250 Electric Credit: James & Linda Conley; Doug & Lisa Jones; Guy & Patrice Lee; Ken Rydberg
- $500 Electric Credit: Roger & Melinda Evans; Mary & Delmar Lashinksi; Hiroe Petrie; Alfred & Erna Sturmann
A total of 50 members participated in the member comment segment of the program. To view this year’s meeting and annual report, please visit: http://www.gvea.com/inside/about/annualmeeting.
(Posted on GVEA's Blog on May 3, 2019.)