Good¢ents Grants Awarded in February 2019
The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in February. Eight applications were reviewed, and seven grants totaling $41,482 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Cold Climate Housing Research Center: $4,603 grant to create an educational bicycle generator.
- Fairbanks Council of PTAs: $3,000 grant to support the annual Interior Alaska Science Fair.
- Interior Alaska Center for Non-Violent Living: $4,861 grant for the purchase of a one-person maintenance lift.
- Interior Alaska Medical Clinic: $8,700 grant towards the purchase and installation of a 50kW backup generator.
- Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center: $8,358 grant to assist with a lighting-upgrade project.
- North Star Imagination Library: $6,500 grant towards the purchase of books for children.
- UA Museum of the North: $5,460 grant for both a technology upgrade, as well as an upgrade to gallery seating.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is April 30, 2019. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $951,478.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.
(Posted to GVEA's Blog on Feb 27, 2019.)