GVEA asks RCA to lower the Fuel & Purchased Power Charge by 28%
On January 14, 2015, GVEA is filing a tariff update to our Fuel & Purchased Power (F&PP) charge with the Regulatory Commission of Alaska (RCA).
If approved …
- This will be a 28% reduction to the current F&PP charge (from 9.9 cents to 7.1 cents)
- The effective date would be February 1, 2015
- This charge would be implemented one month early, and it would remain in effect through the end of May
- The average residential bill of 600 kWh will be reduced by $17 a month
- The bottom line: when you pay your monthly electric bill, you’ll see an overall decrease of 12 percent
For more in-depth information, please click on the link provided below.