MAC meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Meetings are currently being held virtually. All members are welcome to attend.
- August 4, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. – Facility tour in place of regular meeting.
Here’s a brief video, with testimonials from MAC members
(click on link): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT-lhJLPdmU
Current MAC Members:
|District 1:||Matthew Mund||Carol Lee Gho||Anita Hartmann||Robert Hildebrandt|
|District 2:||Carol Colp||Karm Singh||Richard Theilmann|
|District 3:||Alyssa Norris||Alison Carter||Korene Long|
|District 4:||Mike Bradley||Angela Ritchie||Harmony Tomaszewski||Benjamin Loeffler|
|District 5:||Ben Gorman||Russell Johnston||Rodney Rutherford||Enlow Walker|
|District 6:||Dan Beck||Audrey Brown||Bobbie Ortiz|
|District 7:||Terry Hinman||John Kelleher|
2021 Meeting Dates
Get Involved! Join the Member Advisory Committee!
20By serving on the Member Advisory Committee, you’ll learn:
- Why electricity is so expensive in Interior Alaska.
- Where our power comes from.
- What “cooperative” means.
- What goes into coordinating GVEA’s Annual Members’ Meeting.
If these topics interest you, then you should consider joining GVEA’s Member Advisory Committee (MAC). Serving on the MAC is a great way to get involved, find out more about your co-op and provide valuable feedback.
The MAC is made up of three members from each of GVEA’s seven geographic districts, and they:
- Serve three-year terms (beginning in September)
- Meet monthly (typically on the second Wednesday of each month), with each meeting lasting about 90 minutes
- Receive $60 per meeting, plus standard mileage rates for roundtrip travel
MAC members are also asked to serve on various committees (e.g. district nominating, annual meeting, bylaw review and election).
All GVEA members (except employees) are eligible to serve.
Note: Applications will be available and accepted from May through July each year.
***2021 Application deadline extended MONDAY, AUGUST 2 AT 5PM***