MAC meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at GVEA's headquarters on Illinois Street. All members are welcome to attend.
- Note: If the temperature at 9am on the morning of a MAC meeting is -40 degrees or colder at the Fairbanks International Airport (458-3745 ext. 1113), the meeting will be cancelled.
Here's a brief video, with testimonials from MAC members (click on link provided):
By serving on the Member Advisory Committee, you'll learn:
- Why electricity is so expensive in Interior Alaska.
- Where our power comes from.
- What "cooperative" means.
- What goes into coordinating GVEA's Annual Members' Meeting.
If these topics interest you, then you should consider joining GVEA's Member Advisory Committee (MAC). Serving on the MAC is a great way to get involved, find out more about your co-op and provide valuable feedback.
The MAC is made up of three members from each of GVEA's seven geographic districts, and they:
- Serve three-year terms (beginning in October)
- Meet monthly (typically on the second Wednesday of each month), with each meeting lasting about 90 minutes
- Receive $60 per meeting, plus standard mileage rates for roundtrip travel
MAC members are also asked to serve on various committees (e.g. district nominating, annual meeting, bylaw review and election).
All GVEA members (except employees) are eligible to serve.
Get Involved - Join the Member Advisory Committee!
Current MAC Members:
|District 1:||Robert Hildebrandt||Peter VanFlein||Carol Gho|
|District 2:||Hollis Hall||Richard Theilmann||Karm Singh|
|District 3:||Alison Carter||Alyssa Norris||vacant|
|District 4:||David Forstrom||Angela Ritchie||Mike Bradley||Harmony Tomaszewski|
|District 5:||Enlow Walker||Russell Johnston||Benjamin Gorman||Kerry Kirby|
|District 6:||Audrey Brown||Dan Beck||vacant|
|District 7:||Bradley Benson||John Kelleher||Terry Hinman|
2019 Meeting Dates
- January 9 - Agenda
- February 13
- March 13
- April 10
- May 2 - Annual Members' Meeting (Lathrop High School's Hering Auditorium)
- June 13 - Ballot Count for GVEA's Board of Directors' Election
- July - Possible Tour of a GVEA Facility
- August 14
- September 11
- October 9
- November 13
- December 11
Community Solar Project - Reference Materials
- NWPPA's Bulletin Cover Story on Community Solar (June 2015)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article on Mason PUD's (WA) Community Solar (Nov 2015)
- PowerLines Article on Renewable Distributed Generation (April 2016)
- Ruralite Article on Wind (March 2016)
- CityLab's Article on Fixing Solar Power's Inequity Problem (March 2016)
- Article on Big Solar is Heading for Boom Times in the US (March 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: Flathead Electric Co-op's Community Solar Project (May 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: Cowlitz PUD's (WA) Educational Opportunity (May 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: Various WA Utilities Launching Community Solar Projects (May 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: Ravalli Electric Co-op's (MT) Community Solar Project (July 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Renewables Key Today and Tomorow (July 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Co-ops Prominent on Solar Energy Top 10 List (Aug 2016)
- FoxNews.com Article: Nevada Starts to Pull the Plug on Solar Subsidies (Aug 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: East Kentucky Power Boosting Landfill Production (Aug 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Co-op Solar for Lower-Income Members (Aug 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Members Like Solar; Does Your Co-op? (Sep 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Where Members Stand on Environmental Issues (Sep 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: Rancho Seco (CA) Powers Up Solar Plant (Nov 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: PenLight (WA) Celebrates Community Solar Project (Nov 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: NLI (ID) Breaks Ground on Community Solar Project (Jan 2017)
- NRECA Article: Solar and Storage for American Samoa (Jan 2017)
- NRECA Article: Energy Storage in an Unusual Spot (Jan 2017)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Wal-Mart Renewables and Co-ops (Feb 2017)
- Ohio Cooperative Living (Mar 2017)
- NRECA Article: EIA: Solar Growth Ahead (Mar 2017)
- NRECA Article: Cooperative Solar Skyrockets (Mar 2017)
- NRECA Article: Could Tariff Black Out Solar Growth (July 2017)