2020 Board Elections
Following the three-year-term election cycle, the next Board seats that will be up for election in the spring of 2020 will be for Districts 1, 2 and 3.
Thank you to those who served on the Districts 1, 2 and 3 Nominating Committees. The following represents the candidates:
Aren Gunderson Dave Messier, incumbent
Nominated by Committee Nominated by Committee
Tom DeLong, incumbent Savannah Fletcher Heidi Titchenal
Nominated by Committee Nominated by Committee Nominated by Committee
Alison Carter Rick Solie
Nomiated by Committee Nominated by Petition
Note: Ron Arnold and Bennie Colbert were both nominated by committee. They both have since withdrawn their names from the slate of District 3 candidates. Due to timing, Mr. Arnold's and Mr. Colbert's Bios will still appear in the April edition of the Ruralite magazine.
Instructions & Director Application Materials:
2021 election materials will be made available in December 2020 for Districts 4 and 7.
- Board of Director Application
- Policy 2.7 - Qualifications of Directors
- Policy 2.1.1 - Board Conflict of Interest
- Application Checklists:
- Applicant Nominated Via the Nominating Committee
- Applicant Nominated Via the Petition Process
- Prior to begining the petition process, the petitioner must contact GVEA staff to verify petitioner has a GVEA membership in their name for the district in which they are petitioning. Staff will provide a Petition Signature Form, which as been approved by the Association's attorney.
The Election Process
The Board of Director Nomination & Election Process Handbook is downloadable. It contains information on the qualifications for directors, as well as the processes of being nominated, running by petition and campaigning.