2021 Board Elections
Activities tied to the next GVEA Board election will begin in November 2020. At that time, GVEA will be seeking members from Districts 4 and 7 to serve on their respective district's Nominating Committee. A Nominating Committee application will accompany your November billing statement. You'll also be able to locate an online application on this page.
Serving on a Nominating Committee is a great way to get involved with your Co-op. While it's a relatively brief assignment, with the committee meeting several times between December and February, members will be compensated $60 per meeting attended, plus standard mileage rates for travel.
Instructions & Director Application Materials:
2021 election materials will be made available in December 2020 for Districts 4 and 7.
- Board of Director Application (will be available again in the spring of 2021)
- Policy 2.7 - Qualifications of Directors
- Policy 2.1.1 - Board Conflict of Interest
- Application Checklists:
- Applicant Nominated Via the Nominating Committee
- Applicant Nominated Via the Petition Process
- Prior to begining the petition process, the petitioner must contact GVEA staff to verify petitioner has a GVEA membership in their name for the district in which they are petitioning. Staff will provide a Petition Signature Form, which as been approved by the Association's attorney.
The Election Process
The Board of Director Nomination & Election Process Handbook is downloadable. It contains information on the qualifications for directors, as well as the processes of being nominated, running by petition and campaigning.